- 01/08/19--22:00: Goalkeeping from A to Zink
- 01/09/19--22:00: Advanced Tactics & Techniques for Goalkeeping
- Kicking - Get a quick overview of the fundamental techniques to successfully jab and lunge.
- Diving - Learn to read the three situations when goalkeepers must dive.
- Dive to Save - Learn the proper diving form, the creeping technique to help defend rebound shots and how to cover vertical space.
- Dive to Intercept - Develop the skill of "preventive hockey," intercept the pass before it becomes a shot on goal.
- Dive to Tackle - Learn the correct technique and how to time the tackle correctly.
- 1-on-1 Situations - Learn to engage the attacker, keep the ball in front of you and time your tackle. Especially helpful with the new shoot-out rules.
- Down-Number Situations - Get tips on how to come out of goal and work in tandem with your defender in a down-number situation.
with Annie Zinkavich,
Richmond Panthers United Field Hockey Club Co-Director;
former University of Virginia Assistant Coach;
former Penn State University Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Former Penn State field hockey great Annie Zinkavich presents the ultimate instructional DVD for players of all skill levels as well as the men and women who coach them.
Zinkavich packs her intensive, hour-long presentation with a straightforward explanation of more than 20 specific, performance-improving drills for both experienced and inexperienced goalkeepers.
The fundamentals of each drill are taught using easy-to-follow, step-by-step demonstrations in slow motion and real time. In addition, as she moves through each drill, Zinkavich anticipates your questions and answers them with tips taken from her vast experience as an accomplished athlete and successful coach.
Zinkavich breaks down the goalkeeper position, covering the basics of footwork and kicking angles followed by advanced techniques for experienced players.
She opens with a series of footwork drills to create explosiveness and quick lateral movements. Daily drills to improve kicking are next followed by techniques to enhance lunges, ariels, half-highs and more.
The proven tactics presented in this DVD will teach players how to cover ground quickly with short, explosive steps; how to manage longer distances effectively; and how to change body positions for proper tackling angles.
This DVD covers nearly every aspect of developing quicker, more explosive goalkeepers. It's an essential tool for aspiring goalkeepers and coaches who are serious about defense.
59 minutes. 2011.
with Marybeth Freeman, Temple University Head Field Hockey Coach;
former Columbia University Head Coach, 2014 Ivy League Coach of the Year;
former University of Maryland Field Hockey Associate Head Coach/Goalkeeper Coach,
'05, '06 & '08 NCAA Champions;
2x NCAA Champion goalkeeper for Old Dominion University!
Learn elite goalkeeping techniques and decision making skills from one of the most accomplished goalkeepers in NCAA history.
Marybeth Freeman has shared in two NCAA Championships as a player and three NCAA Championships as an assistant coach. In this on-field presentation, Coach Freeman expands on her best-selling DVD "Becoming a Champion Goalkeeper" by sharing advanced techniques and tactics for the goalkeeper position.
Coach Freeman uses live demonstrations to teach the techniques and drills you need to advance your skill set.
Come to practice this season with a new set of goalkeeping tactics and techniques and take your goalkeeping from good to great!
48 minutes. 2011.